The Effect of Chemistry Teaching According to Learning Dimensions Model on the Development of Chemical Concepts and the Meta-Cognitive Skills for First Grade Secondary Students
College Of Basic Education Researches Journal,
2014, Volume 13, Issue 1, Pages 79-120
AbstractThe current research aimed to discover the Effectiveness of Chemistry Teaching according to learning dimensions model in the development of chemical concepts and the meta-cognitive skills for first grade secondary students.
The Population of research consists of students of first grade secondary in Libya, also the research was applied on a sample that selected intentionally from students of first grade secondary in Libya, the sample has been divided into two groups, the first was an experimental and consisted of (33) students, where the second was the control and consisted of (31) students.
Tools of this research are the following:
1. Teacher Manual.
2. Student Handbook.
3. The achievement test of chemical concepts.
4. Measurement of meta-cognitive skills.
By using T-test for independent groups to compare between the control and experimental group, we got the following results:
1. The Effect of Chemistry Teaching according to learning dimensions model on the development of chemical concepts and the meta-cognitive skills for first grade secondary students.
2. There are statistically significant differences at (α ≤ 0.001) between the mean-degrees of the students of both the experimental, and the control groups in the achievement test of the chemical concepts.
3. There are statistically significant differences at (α ≤ 0.001) between the means-degrees of the students of both the experimental group, and the degrees of the students of the control group on the full skills measurement of the meta-cognitive skills and its sub-dimensions (self-regulation skills, academic tasks skills, ,procedural control skills).
In the light of the research results, the researchers provided a number of recommendations including:
1. The necessity of a development of style of chemistry teaching in secondary school.
2. The recognition of the content of high school chemistry textbook in the light of the learning dimensions model.
3. Conduct training programs for teachers of chemistry based on the use of the learning dimensions in the teaching of chemistry.
The researchers also provided a number of suggestions to conduct future studies one of them is “The Effect of learning dimensions model on the development of concepts and the meta-cognitive skills in the teaching of other subjects".
- Article View: 59
- PDF Download: 10