Evalution Facing International Referees in Running Football Games Content Of Asia
College Of Basic Education Researches Journal,
2013, Volume 12, Issue 3, Pages 651-672
AbstractAdministration in the sport field is wide and includes many and various aspects and it has an evident and effective role in different sports including the individual and the team games. Football is a team sport where administration element is rendered the base for the organization and application of this sport. A referee is regarded one of the basic aspects in this sport. The significance of arbitration is obvious for the responsibility it undertakes. The referee, in order to be successful in administering the contests, should be well-prepared and should have good knowledge of the laws as well as of all other different aspects of the sport.
The significance of the research emerges in establishing a scale through which the difficulties that face football referees in administering different official contests could be recognized.
The study aims at the following:
- Establishing a scale for the difficulties that face football referees in administering and leading different official contests.
Research domains have included the following:
- The human domain: football referees who have international chevron from FIFA.
- Temporal domain: the period 3/4/2012 to 15/5/2012.
- Spatial domain: Asian football headquarters / Malaysia, quala lampoor.
Research procedures are as follows: the researcher has followed the descriptive methodology for its convenience for the study nature. The research population has included (183) referees in accordance with the Asian football federation of 2011.
The research sample has included (118) international Asian referees in football. The referees answers were obtained following the establishment of the scale items by using data collecting tools (content analysis and questionnaire). The scale domains were identified, the questionnaire items were designed, scale's scientific coefficients in terms of validity, invariability and objectivity then the scale was established and applied on valid scientific fundamentals by using statistical tools.
The researcher has attained the following conclusions:
- a few number of referee were relatively affected by the difficulties of the importance, Condition of game, its professional and physical and social aspects in running official games.
The researcher has recommended the following:
- Conducting similar studies on football referees in other continental sport federation.
- Carry out a comprehensive study about the FIFA referees and perform a comparison among the referees of continents federations to recognize the performance differences in leading official football contests.
- Article View: 119
- PDF Download: 33