A Comparative Study of some Electromyography variables between different intensities in Sitting and standing phases of back squat
College Of Basic Education Research Journal,
2012, Volume 11, Issue 4, Pages 565-595
Abstract1. Know some variables of electromyography of biceps femoris vastus tatralis of back squat in sitting and standing.
2. Compare between sitting and standing periods in some variables of electromyography of back squat of biceps
3. Compare between two different tensions (medium and top) in some electromyography of back squat of biceps femoris and vastus lateralis.
1. There are significant differences between sitting and standing in some variables of electromyography of back squat (biceps and vastus latralis).
2. There are significant differences between the different tensions (medium and top) in some variables of electromyography (biceps and vastus latralis).
Descriptive analysis has been used by the researchers, the sample were students of Physical Education college. Electromyography has been used in this study to analyze the activity of biceps and vastus lateralis, the electrodes have been also fixed on muscles after skin hair removing and treated with alcohol to get rid of noise. The researchers concluded that:
1. The stage of standing has succeeded over the sitting stage significantly within the variables of top wave and length wave and the wave area, statistically in time of vastus lateralis during medium tension.
2. The sitting stage has succeeded over the standing stage significantly in the variable of top wave and statistically in wave length, wave area, and time of biceps femoris in medium tension.
3. The standing stage has succeeded over the sitting stage significantly in the top of wave and statistically in the variables of wave length, wave area of biceps femoris in less top tension.
4. The sitting stage has succeeded over the standing stage significantly during the top wave and statistically in variables of wave length wave area, time of biceps femoris in less top tension.
5. The less top tension has succeeded over medium tension during the sitting stage significantly in variables of wave length and statistically in wave area and time.
- Article View: 137
- PDF Download: 69