The Role of Chemistry Teachers in facing e-Teaching Academic Adoption to Ensure the Qualitative Changes from the Traditional Method to the method of e-Teaching
College Of Basic Education Researches Journal,
2009, Volume 8, Issue 3, Pages 1-37
AbstractAlthough the use of the term e-learning at the university has taken a great interest by those who are specialized in this type of education, but the justifications used by chemistry teachers at the secondary school is limited. The inclusion of this type of education at the secondary school becomes indispensable in coping with scientific progress and the best way to transport different types of knowledge to students at this stage using electronic teaching method. There fore, Researchers should seek seriously to ensure the quality of education through the use of this type of teaching. Teachers should have the basic capabilities to be used, and the necessary needs to be used, and indicate the type of trends that should be possessed by teachers about teaching chemistry, and the application of modern teaching method added to the teaching methods commonly used by them .
The current research aims at uncovering the role of teachers and chemistry teachers in facing e-learning and verify the mechanism through which the outlook for the transformation of the way of their teaching method to the traditional method of teaching electronic teaching in the light of criteria to ensure the quality of the qualitative changes to the way of teaching-mail.
To achieve the goal of the research the following questions was formed:
1. What are the needs teachers and teachers of chemistry necessary for the transition to electronic method of teaching?
2. What attitudes school chemistry teachers have about teaching methods and electroning teaching?.
3. What are the capilities of teachers and teachers of chemistry in the preparation and training programmes which are being held inside the school and for the transition to electronic method of teaching?
4. What is the extent of teachers and teachers of chemistry in identifying items electronic education curricula ? .
5. What future potential for the application of the method of electronic teaching?.
6. Is there any statistically significant differences between the points of view of teachers and chemistry teachers in the standards to ensure the quality of the qualitative changes to the traditional method of teaching method of electronic teaching.
The current research sample was selected as simple and random and of teachers and chemistry teachers in preparatory schools during the city of Mosul during the academic year 2007/2008 and the number of teachers was (65), divided into 25 and 40 two groups of (After reviewing the literature of e-learning, he quality o education, and the standards of its teaching, he researcher build up the research tool represented by the insurance of its quality. This tool includes (61) items distributed on to (5) standards represented by (identifying needs, identify trends, determining participation for preparation and training, determining participation in developing e-learning materials, determining the feasibility of e-learning application). The validity of the tool is achieved by using person coefficient equation which was (82.2%). By applying the tool on the sample, the researchers concludes the following : teachers of chemistry posses technical requirements by (80.5%), positive attitudes of (78.49%) , participation readiness of (82.926%), participation in developing
e-learning materials of (81.132%), the application of teaching of (84.075%).
- Article View: 183
- PDF Download: 41