The Reasons of Negative Environmental Behavior of Students at Mosul University
College Of Basic Education Researches Journal,
2011, Volume 10, Issue 1, Pages 1-20
AbstractThe research aimed to know the reasons of negative environmental behavior of students at Mosul university. The sample consisted of (285) students from six colleges at the university of Mosul . The questionnaire is used for collecting data from the sample individuals . The instrument is composed of (25) items which were prepared as suggested reasons for negative environmental behavior .
The scale of the instrument consisted of three responses (regarded as main reason – regarded as secondary reason – not regarded as reason).
Face validity and test – retest reliability method were used .The reliability factor is 0.85 and the percentage weight was used for ranking the items of the questionnaire .
The result revealed that all the items accepted by the students excluded one item which had percentage weight less than 50%
The researcher analyzed the first ten items which had 70% percentage weight and more .
The first five reasons for the negative environmental behavior according to the students point of view are :
- The local community does not care for the environment .
- Lack of environment awareness of the university students
- Carelessness of the students towards the environment issues .
- The students observation for bad dealing with the environment especially in the streets roads and public gardens
- The lack of guidance programs in the university .
According to the results many suggestions and recommendations were made:
-The reasons which were identified by the sample individuals should be taken into consideration in planning by the university administration
- Planning guidance program to develop the environmental culture among the students
- Activate the modern teaching methods and include topics related to the environmental issues in graduation projects .
- Article View: 102
- PDF Download: 166