Natural philosophy of Al-Farabi
College Of Basic Education Researches Journal,
Volume 11, Issue 3, Pages 467-488
AbstractOur research aims to identify the most important aspects of natural philosophy of Al-Farabi. It also aims to indicate the nature of this philosophy and its relevance. This research is about the vision of al-Farabi of the issue of existence and the first principle.
Therefore, this research stems from several questions, including:
• What is the truth of existence for al-Farabi?
• Is al-Farabi studies in depth the causes of existence?
• was al-Farabi successful in the provision of natural philosophy which describes the ambiguity of Aristotle?
• Do his views express the issue of duty and possible bias for substances?
• Does al- Farabi treatment of nature aims to uphold the mind?
To answer these questions, we divided the research into an introduction and three chapters and a conclusion:
Introduction: includes research motivations and justifications, and reasons for selecting the topic.
Section I: This section examines the nature of al-Farabi and addresses the problem of existence, trying to provide a complete overview of the views of al-Farabi in the statement of the truth of existence and natural discussion of the most important issues falling within it.
Section II: This section addresses the problem of mind and self in the flux of Al-Farabi, and discusses this issue through the constructed normal. This includes also reading the section of the dialectic of natural philosophy and psychology at al-Farabi and statement of significance.
Section III: deals with the causal of al-Farabi, indicating the theory to explain the reasons and disclosure of interdependence and its role in solving problems. It also addresses the idea of duty and its possible role in matters of natural issues.
Conclusion: It was dedicated to highlighting the main research results. Then a list of references that we have adopted in the writing of this search is to follow.
We have adopted two methodologies in this research:
• analytical method: the analysis of texts in order to detect components.
• historical approach: to trace the origin of natural philosophy and the reasons for its inception, al-Farabi, and the extent of enrichment of philosophical thought . we have seen that such an approach is important and necessary, because the way became clear for our different views and perceptions and interpretations to address the problem of the presence from its natural view.
- Article View: 90
- PDF Download: 66