Keywords : Open
College Of Basic Education Research Journal,
2007, Volume 6, Issue 3, Pages 87-112
The present study aims at assessing the experiment of open College in Mosul city through answering the following questions:
1. Evaluation level of open educational colleges form teachers point of the view compared with theoretical percentage.
2. Evaluation level of open educational colleges form students point of the view compared with theoretical percentage.
3. Is there a statistically significant difference between the level of the assessment of the open university from the teachers point of view and theoretical average of (67%) as a whole ?
4. Is there a statistically significant difference between the level of the assessment of the open university students and the theoretical average of (67%) as a whole ?
5. Is there a sadistically significant difference between the teachers and students points of view of the open educational college ?
The study sample comprises all the students and teachers of the university of the academic year 2004-2005 totaling (873) students and (49) teachers. The researcher selected a random sample of (35)s teachers (males and females) and (718) students (males and females) of the three years second, third and fourth year. The study method is a questionnaire directed to both teachers and students. Teachers questionnaire consists of (107) items and the students questionnaire of (79) items distributed to seven fields : aims, methodology content; methods of teaching; teaching aids, the administrative technical aspect and the teaching staff and assessment.
Then, the researchers tested its validity and consistency. Statistical methods such as personas correlation coefficient – one sample Z test and two- independent samples Z test were used in the analysis of the data.
The results were as follows:
1. The assessment from the teachers and students points of view had a positive indicator for the efficiency of this experiment in favour of teachers.
2. There is a statistically significant difference in the teaching aids aspect in farur of the theoretical percentage.
3. There is no statistically significant difference between two points of view of the teachers and students concerning the assessment aspects .
4. The technical and administrative level was low compared to the theoretical threshold.
It’s recommended that :
1. This college should be annexed to the ministry of higher education.
2. Adequate educational technology, teaching aids, classrooms and labs should be provided.
3. Only graduates of preparatory school should be allowed into the scientific departments.
4. All the teachers of this college should be trained on individual teaching and on how to with open education.
5. Syllabus planners should include special courses for this college that are different from the courses of college of education.
The researchers suggested that :
1. This experiment should be assessed from the point of view of students according to such variables as sex , service and specialization .
2. The performance of the graduates of the open college should be assessed in the light of their professional qualification .
3. The quality of the students of the open university graduates should be compared with their peers of other universities.